Ink Blending using Distress oxides

Hi everyone,

I had been away for the weekend and after this short trip, I feel refreshed and as soon as I came back, I found myself in my craft room. I have a step by step photo tutorial for today's card.

Step 1: I started out with blending 3 colours of distress oxides (Picked Raspberry/Fossilised Amber/Twisted Citron) only in the upper region on my white card stock.

 Step 2: I heat embossed some circular embellishments and a sentiment. But, I had messed it up somewhat, as the word "Merry" was too far off and when I tried to remove it using a brush, it just won't come off properly. So, I chopped off this portion completely.


Step 3: I gave some lines to make the balls look like hanging ornaments. I initially used Micron 02 but later replaced it with green marker. I also added some bows at the top of these ornaments.


Step 4: Using the gold cardbase as reference, I glued the 2 panels on a green pastel paper.


Step 5: It still looked incomplete. So, I introduced some red ribbon. It sort of brought the 2 panels together while giving a more festive look overall to the card.



Step 6: At this point, all that was left to do was to add some colour to the ornaments and I was done.


I hope you like my effort. I do believe that card making gives us an opportunity to go back and correct our mistakes, just like I did here, and make something more beautiful than one had anticipated.

Have a great day!
Thanks for stopping by
Sweety.

Linking this to AAA Cards: CAS Game #102

Comments

  1. Wonderful contrast of colours, love that hot pink withe lime. And what a fabulous save too, much more satisfying than putting it in the bin. Thanks for playing along with the current AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love the vivid colours you used for your Christmas card! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts