Mixed media card | Best of the best

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a great day, filled with fun and inspiration. Today, I made a mixed media card. I really wanted to do this technique as I am not so good with it but after seeing so many pretty projects on FB and Insta, I feel like it offers so much potential!



I have a photo tutorial for this card:

1. Let's work on the elements we will need on this card. So, step 1 is to apply texture paste to chipboard elements that we will use. And colour them using Alcohol markers. (Sorry, I could not take pics of this step, but just have a look at the final page.)

2. I then took the smaller pieces of the frame chipboard and glued them to a tape. So, this will hold the pieces in place while I sprayed them with Gold acrylic spray and varnish.

3. Next step was to create the background for the frame. I simply painted a piece of paper using very diluted metallic blue acrylic paint (it has glitter!!!). I then sprayed some ItsyBitsy Mocha and Gold rush on the paper to make it look rusted. Using my fingers, I spread some texture paste and sprayed that as well.
 

4. Let's start working on the main panel now. For this, scrape some modelling paste using a stencil on some sketch paper.

5. Once it is dry, spray some of the pretty alcohol sprays (Mocha, Gold rush and Tangerine) on the paper. These colours become sort of matte when dry, so they are perfect for a dry, rusty look, which is exactly what I was going for.
6. I now glued this panel onto an orange card base. I already distressed the edges of the card base using Walnut Artistry ink and Black soot distress ink. I also distress the edges of the main panel. Finally added some glitter quilling strips all around the panel.

7. I assembled my card using white adhesive and double sided foam tape. I also added green and golden glitter to it.
8. But then, I decided to make it more treasured by adding a few more elements:

I really hope you like my card and got some inspiration. :)
Thanks for stopping by
-Sweety.

Adding this card to ItsyBitsy challenge for the month of May:
ITSY BITSY CHALLENGE  5-2017 
Theme - Anything goes using another brilliant product from the Little Birdie's family -  GOLD ALCOHOL SPLASH.

Comments

  1. Lovely creation and admire the way you have presented it all so well !
    Thanks for playing along Itsy Bitsy 2017 challenge 5 - Anything goes using another brilliant product from the Little Birdie's family - GOLD ALCOHOL SPLASH.
    DT Itsy Bitsy
    Sharada Dilip Acharya

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful creation Sweety !! Thanks for playing along Itsy Bitsy 2017 challenge 5 – Anything goes using another brilliant product from the Little Birdie’s family – GOLD ALCOHOL SPLASH.
    DT Itsy Bitsy
    Suman Pandit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it sweety. The Colors are so vibrant and fun. Hope you had fun playing along with Itsy Bitsy 2017 challenge 5 – Anything goes using another brilliant product from the Little Birdie’s family – GOLD ALCOHOL SPLASH.
    DT Itsy Bitsy
    Angela Jose
    The Craft Angels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts