Chalkboard technique using acrylic paint

Hello everyone

May has been a busy month for me. I did not post so much but I did craft a lot, travelled and just had fun! My sister is leaving Delhi next month and I thought I'd make a card for her. And I wanted to try out something different with the Chalkboard technique which is up for a challenge at Mudra Craft Stamps.



Sooo, I made this card using their Daisy Blooms set, which is actually a layering stamp set. But I used only the outlines ones. The most amazing part is that there are 3 different sets of outlines, so you can get a variety of flowers! Here is the card I made:


I really like how the cluster of flowers turned out!


Steps I followed for this card:
1. Stamped the flower and leaves outlines using white pigment ink to create this cluster.

2. Using acrylic paints in metallic/pearlescent colours, I painted all the flowers and leaves. I used the same type of golden colour to paint the outlines of the flowers (which was stamped with white). This is because I wanted the colours to have continuity and also, white was really light!

3. I added some splatters using the same golden paint.

4. Finally, I white embossed the sentiment, and using foam tape, attached my panel to a golden card base.

I am yet to learn to click better pics of the cards I make! Here's another look at it:


You will notice how the white highlights I added to the flowers are not so visible. That's because of the camera angle, and the metallic lustre that the flowers have!

I hope you got some ideas and if you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below or mail me at sweetygupta1203@gmail.com.

I encourage you to try out the fantastic Mudra stamps and participate in their innovative challenge for this month!

Thanks for stopping by
Sweety Gupta

Products used:
Daisy Bloom
WOW opaque white embossing powder

Fabrica Metallic pearl acrylic paint

Comments

  1. Oh my! Oh my! This is fabulous!! Keep up the good work. Thanks for joining the fun at Mudra's challenge. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!! Love the pop of colors. Thank you so much for joining us over at Mudra Craft Challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts