Slider card ft. Craftyscrappers | DT project

Hello friends,

Sweety here, with a tutorial for a cute slider card. It doesn't need a die or any special equipment.  Craftyscrappers has come out with really cute critters stamps in June. My favourite among them is the "HELLO SUMMER" stamp set featuring really cute hippos in summery clothes.
Here's the card I made using the stamp set:


Let's take a look at how I created the card:

1. I started out with stamping images that I needed in black archival ink. This ink is permanent and does not smudge, so I can easily color the images using Touch New alcohol markers. I fussy cut all the images. It's easier to cut after colouring rather than the other way around. Do not forget to cut out the centre of the swimming ring.




3.  Next, I kept the rectangular floater somewhere in the middle on my card panel and drew some random lines to give shape to the pool. Keep some gap between the floater and the lines to make sure you have room for the slider element to work.



4. It's time to colour the panel. I did some basic blending. Did you know Distress oxides blend beautifully with so many other types of colours including pigment inks? I spritz some water to give the blue panel more watery look.



6. Now onto the technical part. You will need 2 small sized 1 rupee coin (the new ones, I find the old 1 rs coins to be a tad bit bigger.). Start with cutting out 2 parallel lines for the slider to work, and trim it out. There's no need to be precise but just try getting neat edges coz they will be visible. Add foam adhesive to the coin such that it fits nicely into the slit. Remove the backing and add the other coin. 


I hope the photos made the step very clear. It's easy, isn't it?

7. All that's left to do is to add our cut outs to the panel and of course, some final touches. This included adding touches of Sakura 3D gel pen to the moustache dots on the hippo, and a few white highlights. I also added glossy accents to the pool ring.


Here's a quick boomerang video of how the card slider mechanism works.


I hope you like this bright, happy, summery card. 

Thanks for stopping by. Have a nice day!
Hugs,
Sweety.





Comments

Popular Posts