Window cards ft. Craftyscrappers

Hello friends,

Welcome to my blog. Today, let's have a look at two super easy yet elegant window cards I created using "You and me" stamp set by Craftyscrappers. This stamp set is not just relevant for Valentine's Day but for any occasion of love. The sentiments can be easily clubbed together to create a more personalised note.

Here's my first card:


It's a tri-fold card with a lot of details on each panel. So the front is the window through which you an see the cute image. I stamped with archival ink and coloured using Camel watercolour brush pens. It was a later thought to add the gold foiled pattern paper to the front panel.



To make everything more coordinated, I decided to outline the circle with a POSCA gold acrylic marker. It is a very handy tool to have in your craft room as you can colour coordinate everything. I used a white pen to add details such as dots and lines to the images.


Here's how I completed the second panel. As you can see, the green ribbon on the left adds so much interest and make it whole, sort of.


The beautiful leafy image is from Hello stamp set. This is a must have stamp set as the images are solid and do not need additional colouring.

Let's move on to my second card:
This was pretty easy to make. I simply created an ombre effect with pink and orange colours. To see how to blend distress oxide with any other ink, click here.


I then stamped the image on this circle and placed it inside the window that I created with the same die on the front panel. You can definitely use a smaller or a larger die, depending on the look you're going for. Use a smaller die as window, and you will get a larger image on the inside. Use a larger die and you get a beautiful border all around.


Finally, I added some gold acrylic to the couple just to make them stand out just a bit more from the heavy colours of the background. You can definitely try to lift the distress oxide ink or maybe colour with an even darker ink.


Lastly, I added some embellishments and finished off the card with really pretty shaker mix.

I hope you got some ideas for creating your own cards.

Watch the full video tutorial here:

Have a great day. Thank you for stopping by.
Sweety.

Comments

Popular Posts