Art Journal layout with Shimmer paints

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing great. Art journalling is such a fun and relaxing activity. It takes your stress away and it inspires you when the time comes. So, here I have two art journal pages for you:

For my first page, I created this really cute fish. This I created on a day I felt lost and to go with the fish, I have the quote "When nothing is going right, GO FISHIN'" Isn't that cute? The background uses 3 shades of shimmer paints (Beautiful sunset, butter chocolate and sweet candy). I used black soft pastel to give a sort of framing to the page.


I used Mica flakes to get the effect of fish skin. Underneath I had applied a coat of Fallen sky Chalk paint. It is such a pretty shade of blue. After covering it with Mica, the color was still bright. So, I sprayed some tasty tortilla shimmer spray to tone it down. Since the chalk paint has the properties of acrylic paint, the yellow of tortilla uniquely shined on the blue of fallen sky.


It turned out to be so amazing and realistic and surreal at the same time.

For the next page, I used just a hint of shimmer paint to add a touch of shimmer to various parts of the coloured image of Durga. This is simply a fantastic image, and you know why? Because the face looks angry if you want to look at it that way, and loving, if you look at it that way. So, basically it becomes a matter of your perspective. Isn't that cool?


I used the same shimmer paint to add splatters for some interest in the background. The images are from the gorgeous Durga Puja stamp set.


I think an addition of a Sanskrit shloka will complete the page. What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.

I hope I inspired you in some way.
Have a great, creative day.

Thanks for stopping by.
Sweety.

Comments

Popular Posts