Rakhi cards | Vintage and modern

Hello everyone,

Rakhi is round the corner, and what's better than a handmade card for your brother or sister. Today, I have 3 different cards to show you. Even though I don't have a photo tutorial but I will guide you through the steps.

Card 1: VINTAGE
So, this card has a vintage feel to it because of the craft paper and cream flowers.
1. I stamped various sentiments from the "Rakhi wishes" stamp set using brown and red Versacolor inks on a craft sheet to make my own pattern paper.
2. I then inked the edges using Artistry brown ink. This makes everything look older and prettier.
3. I then heat embossed the bold and brush lettered sentiment on a red circle.
4. I inked the edges of flowers from the Craftyscrappers embellishments.
5. I finally added a bow using glue dots. They are really strong adhesive and hold such elements quite well.

Here's how my card looks.

As you can see, it's a fancy fold card. I simply folded the base to create this z-shape.




Card 2: MODERN

For this card, I first coloured the brother-sister image from the "Rakhi wishes" stamp using Camlin brush markers. This is such a cute image and so much fun to colour.


I then did the fancy fold as I did in my previous card. I glued the image such that whole of it was visible upon closing the card. Then I added a green pattern paper underneath the image to give it some base. Otherwise, my image will look like its floating.


I finally stamped the sentiment on a cream coloured paper using red versa colour ink, and matted this circle onto a red paper. I cut the red paper with scissors to create the postage look.


Card 3: ULTRA MODERN CAS CARD

This card uses "grunge gears" stamp set and is fit for all occasions. Just add"loving brother" below the hello and you have a card for your brother.




I hope you like these 3 cards, and give the techniques a try.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great day.
Sweety.

Comments

Popular Posts