Art Journal Page: Last stage of love (Step by step tutorial)

Hi everyone

This art journal page is so simple and yet so lively. You don't need to be an artist to draw or paint these flowers. And the theme is just breathtaking, as it symbolises the last stage of love- death!


Step 1 is to draw flowers. You can do this on a plain piece of paper but I wanted the page to have some more character and depth, so I drew some plain, old, regular flowers on these pages of an old book using a  REGULAR GEL Pen, as the colours I have used here do not bleed the pen at all.

Here is how it will look at the moment.


Step 2 is to colour these pretty little things. Can you believe it, I used just 1 acrylic colour to paint all these flowers- red! Using different quantities of water with my acrylic colour, I was able to get this effect. I painted the leaves green. I drew only a few leaves, partly because I wanted the flowers to be the main focus and partly because I forgot drawing them. :P

The centre of the flowers needed more precise coloring. Lazy people like me do not want to use paintbrush in such small places. So I used Sakura gelly roll pens to colour the centre. Since the pen set does not have dark green, I resorted to a Camel dark green marker lying around.


Finally I painted the white space black! And oh the page comes out in its prettiest form.


But there seemed to be no space to put my sentiment, so I drew some white lines using Sakura gelly roll pen and then used some white texture paste to fade out a rectangle on my right page. And finally handwrote my quote, with a black gel pen flanked by a white gel pen.

To add more depth, i added white dots to the flower border. and here's a final look:


I hope it encouraged you to draw your own art journal and make something really bright and funky and pretty!
Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy~

Comments

Popular Posts