Thank you Card for Myself

Hello my crafty friends, Long time, no see! I know the title of this blog post seems so narcissistic. Please allow me to explain how it came to be! I was recently laid off. And honestly, with all that's going on in the world, I would not say I was surprised. It made me sad and I reflected on where I was and how far I have come. This made me grateful- to everyone who was supportive as well as not so supportive. And it made me grateful to myself- I picked up myself and walked a path no ancestor of mine had taken so far. I moved countries and now I have a loving husband, food to eat, clothes for this harsh winter. I am honestly humbled. I needed to thank myself for being brave, for having the strength to fight all the chaos and anxiety, and for just picking myself up every time I felt drowned in sadness. So, here is something I dedicate to myself: I first started with just finding an inspiration. Here is the link to November card challenge at Altenew. I used the color pattern to create a background piece with layering and stamping but ended up. not liking it.
Then I decided to create a CAS card with a coffee mug as the focal image. And drew a basic mug like so:
I used Crayola crayons to color them in. I used some leftover papers that I got second hand from a kind man. The paper has some texture but it got lost as I used water to move the colors. I used the same crayons in different shades on Altenew 3D floral die set leaves. I am in love with my wandering jew plant and I thought it was nice to have blue-pink leaves.
And this is the final result. I incorporated the previously made background for added effect here. In the past, I have been miserly about using such leftovers in a way that does not enhance them and puts the focus away from all the effort that went into creating it. But as I grow older, I realize that sometimes no matter how much effort you put into something, it's better in the background than in the forefront. I find that inspiring and practical, and not negative. Hope you also feel the same. :)
Hope you had a good time reading my thoughts as I walk this creative path again. And you too will take the time to thank yourself for not giving up and for being strong. Would love to hear from you if you enjoyed this! Have a great week ahead. Best, Sweety

Comments

Popular Posts