Use die cut for adding details

Hello everyone,

You know how sometimes you look at a stamp set and your hands and mind work in coordination to make a card? I recently got my hands on these beauties from crafty scrappers.




The "hello" stamp set has amazing flourishes and a lot of sentiments. It's available at a huge discount, if you're interested in the same. Anyways, without further ado, here's my card:


I coloured the edge of the card using 3 distress oxides: (cracked pistachio/broken china/fossilised amber) and then I went over with Artistry brown ink, which is almost like vintage photo distress ink.
Finally, I stamped a few random images for vintage look using versacolor brown ink.
The crisp stamped images are because of the Versacolor inks!


I die cut the word Thanks a couple of times and glued it on the panel directly to make it look like an embossed feature. For the main sentiment, I glued several die cuts together, and added some ink.
I hope you like how it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs
Sweety.

Playing along,
1. Color Throw Down:  I simply love the colour combination. It's so soothing.


2. Addicted to Stamps and more: Ink blending is something I love to do.


3. Paru's Card Making Challenges: I really believe all "Thank you" cards can be Mother's Day card.


4. AAA cards: Flourishes are always inspired by nature. And so are the colours in this card.

Comments

  1. Love it when things just come together like that! Thanks for playing along with the Inspired by Nature Challenge at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card with a lovely design ! Funny the contrast with the right vintage part and the modern white left part with the big die cuts. Love your leaf border, it's really pretty. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, great technique. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shades of green. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. - Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful flourishes! Love this card! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts