Quick and Easy card with Prima Princess

Hi guys,

Weekend is here and so is the time to post another card. I recently got my hands on Prima Princess stamp, and it's huge and simply gorgeous. So, I had to use it in a card. With fall colours the theme of projects these days, orange was my obvious choice of colour.

I stamped with black Archival ink on ivory card stock. Painted the hair, skin and dress in the same sequence. I am actually bad at deciding which area would fall in shadow region and should be darker etc. And God, I am scared of colouring the skin. But I followed the coloured image given at the back of the stamp and it worked like magic.

 Then, I coloured the flowers and the background circles with very diluted orange water colour. I added darker shades directly with Camlin orange brush pen. And filled in various parts with Sakura Gel roll pen.
 Finally, it was time to hide my colouring mistakes by painting the background black! I did add a sort of black border around the image to frame it. and a few white lines just to add some interest.
Sentiment is from MFT Magical Dragons stamp, which I white embossed. This whole card was done in 15-20 min. I hope you like it.

Thanks for stopping by.
Have an amazing day!
Sweety.

Linking this to the following challenges:
1. Color Throwdown (CTD 463)


2. As You See It (Challenge #160)


Supplies used:
1. Prima Princess Charlotte
2. Camlin brush pens
3. Camlin student water colour
4. MFT Magical Dragons
5. Sakura Gelly roll pens
6. Bright White WOW embossing powder

Comments

  1. That's a lovely image and I like the way you've curled up the sentiment slightly as it gives a quirky, fun feel to the card. The diluted colour circles are great and let the princess stand out from the surroundings. You've used the oranges and neutrals cleverly. Thank you for joining in our speed challenge at As You See It but although you were very quick for this type of card, the time limit for the challenge was cards made in under ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this comment. It made my day! :) I hadn't really realised the colour balance so much while I was colouring but oh, you have an eye for technical details.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a work of art and pretty ambitious for a speed stamping challenge, but lovely all the same. You've done a wonderful job differentiating the background from the main image even though you were restricted to oranges and neutrals and I love the variety of graphic design here. Thanks for playing along with As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card, great design and coloring! I am so glad you played along with the
    As you see it!


    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts